Training Course: Youth to Combat Hate Speech
Location: Fethiye, Muğla, Turkey
Dates: 24-31 October 2019
Number of participants: 24 participants
Participating countries: Armenia, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Turkey, Ukraine
Organizer: Artis Youth Culture Art Training Association
Apply here: Application form
Deadline to apply: 31 August 2019
Date of selection: 3 September 2019
Inquiries about this project: Kaan Cengiz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Costs: Training Course is co-funded by Erasmus+:
- 100% accommodation, food and program materials are free, covered by the grant from Erasmus+
- traveling costs are covered, up to the maximum expenses:
- €0 / participants from Turkey
- €275 / participants from Armenia, Germany, Ukraine, Moldova
- €360 / participants from Latvia, Lithuania, Poland
- There is no participation fee.
Training Course – Youth to Combat Hate Speech
Download infopack here: Training Course – Youth to Combat Hate Speech – Turkey – Abroadship.org
Aiming to strengthen the network of young people and youth organizations working on combating hate speech online in Europe through the No Hate Speech Movement and National Campaigns.
Project will correspond to the objectives of the Erasmus+ focused on creating coherent European communities, enhancing youth influence and capability of active participation in democratic societies; improving skills and competencies and promote active citizenship of youth; promoting non-formal education methods and innovative learning methods; fostering intercultural cooperation.
Objectives of the Project:
- to raise awareness about hate speech online and the risks it has for fueling the conflicts and individual young people;
- to develop the skills and motivation for young people to recognize online hate speech and to become ‘online activists’ for human rights;
- to equip young people and youth organizations with tools to combat hate speech online;
- to provide the participants with tools to organize online and off-line campaigns focused on combating with hate speech and by these means to provide the multiplying effect for the project;
- to build capacities of the partner organizations involved in the project for building cohesive and peaceful communities;
- to provide the strong multiplying effect of the project among young people;
- to strengthen the network of young people and youth organizations working on combating hate speech online in Europe through the No Hate Speech Movement and National Campaigns.