Training course: Youth Work for Employability
Location: Termini Imerese, Italy
Dates: 22-28 May 2018
Number of participants: 22
Participating countries: Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, Czech Republic, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, France, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Romania, Spain
Organizer: Associazione Icarus
Apply here: Application form
Deadline to apply: 22 April 2018
Date Of Selection: 25 April 2018
Inquiries about this training course: Monica at firstname.lastname@example.org
The travel costs will be reimbursed on effective cost purchased and up to the limit for your country. Reimbursement will be done after we receive all the original tickets via bank transfer. Please control the travel grant limits for your country before you buy tickets!
Early arrivals or late departures will be on personal responsibility of participants.
Country Travel grant per pax
Italy (under 500km) 0euro
Italy (more than 500km) €275
Czech Republic €275
Board and lodging will be provided by the host organization for free during the whole period of the Training Course.
For this project it is not required any participation fee.
Youth Work for Employability
Associazione ICARUS with the support of Erasmus+ Programme organises Youth Work for Employability a training course aiming at empowering youth workers and youth leaders with new skills and competencies to reinforce young people employability skills.
The training course will empower participants with competencies to help themselves and young people they work with to gain employability skills useful for the labour market and life.
Planned activities will be based on active participation and non formal education methods such as focus group, brainstorming, simulation, role games with the aim to facilitate group dynamics, learning and sharing of best practices. Participants will contribute in the realization of new NFE material, methods, approaches, focused on youth empowerment and development of employability skills on young people which will be collected during the training course and shared online afterwards.
Objectives of the training course are:
– to improve cross-competencies of participants such as leadership, prevention management and resolution of problems and conflicts, teamwork skills, communication, etc. to experience new methods which can be transferred to target group afterwards or personal life
– to improve the intercultural competences of participants by working in an international context – to improve and deepen knowledge of participants in the use of NF approaches and methods to enhance transversal skills for young people’s employability
– to improve skills of participants in designing and implementing learning processes and developing educational activities through NFE to acquire skills for employability
– get awareness of the phenomenon of youth unemployment at the European level, mapping the skills needed for increasing the employability of young people, identifying educational processes for intervention
– to strengthen skills of participants in conducting projects involving young people with fewer opportunities and multicultural groups; – to share good practices among partner organizations and improve the quality of youth work.
We are searching for youth leaders, youth workers, educators, facilitators and active volunteers of sending organizations which would like to increase their competences as leaders
Participants should be interested or already involved in dealing with intercultural learning, conducting activities addressed to young people, to coordinate groups, to work in multicultural context and interested in the use of NF education methodologies
Participants are expected to take active role during the Training Course. Every participants will conduct activity/game on a selected topic.
Participants will contribute in the realization of new NFE material, methods, approaches, focused on youth empowerment and development of employability skills on young people which contents/material will be collected during the training and shared online afterwards.
Participants have to collect information about the phenomenon of youth unemployment in own country in order to share result during the training and shape together a map of competences young people should improve to enhance self employability.
Participants are expected to act as multipliers once back home and to be able to use new competences in youth work at local or international level
Good knowledge of English