Training Course: Video Making for NGO
Location: Kuusamo, Finland
Dates: 16-24 June 2019
Participating countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Finland, France, Greece, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
Organizer: Nuoriso-jaluontomatkailukeskus Oivanki (Youth NGO)
Co-organiser(s): NGO “Vzayemopomich” (Youth NGO)
Deadline to apply: 19 March 2019
Date of selection: 24 March 2019
Application Form: Click here.
Inquiries about this training course: @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation in the training is free of charge.
Accommodation and food
The costs for food and accommodation are fully covered by the grant received from the European Commission.
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Greece, Portugal, Spain (2 persons/country) – 530€/person
France, Turkey (2 persons/country) – 360€/person
The Netherlands, Ukraine (2 persons/country) – 275€/person
Visa costs for participants from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Ukraine 60€/person
Participants are required to arrange their own travel and medical insurance for the duration of the training course. This is a mandatory condition for attending.
Video Making for NGO
Download here:Infopack Video Making for NGO.pdf
The project idea was born during the training course ‘iExpress’ hosted by Oivanki in December 2017. During the course, we visited the local Association of Mental Health in Kuusamo city, who expressed their interest to one of the objectives of the project (to create video tutorials). They share with us, that they would like to involve more young people to their activities and making promotional video would be a great tool for this purpose.
Objectives of the training course:
- To improve youth worker’s knowledge on how to create a story, deliver a clear message online, creating a storyboard, copyrights, and basics of video-making.
- To improve youth worker’s skills on video-making, editing and publishing videos online.
- To develop youth worker’s empathy towards people with fewer opportunities, in order to make a positive change in their NGOs and communities
- To improve youth worker’s confidence in digital competencies and increased their usage in daily work.
Approach and content
The training course will be very practical and action-oriented. Participants will learn the basics of video-making and will be able to put knowledge and skills gained into practice by creating promotional videos for several Kuusamo charities (learning by doing).
The videos produced by our participants will be used as publicity tools for the Kuusamo NGOs, resulting in increased attention for them and their activities.
Basics of following topics are going to be covered during the project:
Story structure, story arc, storytelling, how to deliver a clear message, storyboard, video making tips, steps of video making, filming crew, Copyrights, work in DaVinci Resolve software, how to edit video productively, Youtube, inclusive videos, video as a tool for…, facilitation the transfer of competencies.
Please be aware that the training course will not provide you with academic knowledge as it is a purely non-formal activity, and its success depends on the active participation of everybody present.
Profile of the participants
We are looking for youth/social workers, youth leaders or youth work volunteers, who:
- have a passion for digital media or are highly motivated to learn about them,
- can either bring a lot of knowledge and experience to the course or who are eager to attend because of what they can benefit from the knowledge and experience of their peers,
- needs to improve their video-making competencies, in order to improve the quality of work of their NGOs/youth work organisations,
- needs to improve their video promotion competencies, in order to improve the quality of work of their NGOs,
- needs to have access to an nurturing creative space to practice their video-making skills, free from distraction, judgement or stifling attitudes,
- learn digital competencies so they can share them with other youth workers and young people when they return home,
- improve their self-confidence and sense of worth,
- expand their network of European contacts,
- come open and supportive for the filming process (this also means to consent the public use of all pictures and videos produced during the training course),
- are interested in providing short testimonials on their impression about the training course, and support the dissemination of the project outcomes,
- have a good level of English,
- are aged 18+
During the selection process, we will take into account the criteria listed above.