Traineeship: BBC Journalism Trainee Scheme
Eligible countries: All countries
Project Period: 22/01/2019 – 22/01/2019
Age Group: 18-
Registration Deadline: 22/01/2019
Apply here: Application Form
Inquiries about training: BBC
BBC Journalism Trainee Scheme
The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), the largest and most reputable UK-based broadcaster and publisher in London, is offering a 10-month journalism trainee scheme in any of the BBC’s national or regional news centers across the UK: England, Scotland and Wales.
– creative storytellers curious about the world around them, fascinated by news and current affairs and love meeting people and sharing people’s stories;
– able to show journalistic skills through previous experience or work that you are doing such as blogging/vlogging, working at a local newspaper or radio;
– have an understanding of audiences and how to reach them, including people who might not normally consume news;
– be a graduate or already have some solid skills and knowledge in journalism from previous experience;
– be 18 or over by the time the scheme starts in the autumn.
Selected applicants receive
– 10-month contract with a £21,216 salary per year. For those based in London, the salary is £25,776 per year;
– travel and some food and accommodation expenses are covered during training periods;
– training by specialists and senior BBC journalists and mentor to support and guide the candidate during the training;
– chance to work on placements within BBC News and Current Affairs across radio, television, digital and online.
How to apply
– complete the application form which consists of questions that will allow candidates to tell about their experience and ideas for a story, how they can help BBC to better reach their audiences.
– after the closing date, candidates’ application will be reviewed and will go through to the next stage which consists of a video interview.
– the successful candidates at the video interview stage will be invited to an assessment centres in the weeks beginning 28th May, and 3rd, 10 th June.
Deadline to apply: 7th February 2019, 11.59 pm.
Applications are available here.
Read more here.