Training Course: School of Transnational Activism
Location: Croatia, Italy, Poland
Participating countries: All countries
Deadline to apply: 22 April 2019
Deadline to select: 12 April 2019
Apply here: Application Form
School of Transnational Activism:
The School of Transnational Activism is both a reflective and action-oriented space, a digital and physical playground gathering citizens and activists across disciplines. It is launched by European Alternatives in collaboration with a group of thinkers and activists.
25 selected participants will be invited to take part in a series of workshops to experiment and explore how to articulate and enact an alternative vision of politics beyond the nation-state.
To apply you need to:
- be over 18 years old
- be proficient in English
- be available on all the dates of the workshops (attendance to all three workshops is compulsory)
- have a track record of activism in or reflection on key topics such as migrants rights, citizenship, feminism, gender, climate justice, data and digital rights
- be committed to contributing to the programme of the Transeuropa Festival 2019 in Palermo, Italy, in forms of presentations, debates, workshops, installations, based on the content co-produced in the workshops.
- 20th-23rdJune 2019, Warsaw, Poland: the introductory 3-day workshop will introduce the main themes and approach of the school and get participants working together creatively from the beginning.
- 12th-15th September 2019, Rijeka, Croatia: the second 3-day workshop will take place in Rijeka, European Capital of Culture in 2020, and a site of struggle for workers’ rights in a post-industrial economy, with a focus on class.
- 7th-10th November 2019, Palermo, Italy: the third 3-day workshop will take place alongside the Transeuropa Festival 2019, European Alternatives flagship political, cultural and artistic events. School participants will be responsible for the organisation of a number of public sessions during the Festival.
The workshops will combine lectures, participatory courses, open spaces and public events. In between workshops, online sessions will be organised to follow up on the ideas and proposals generated by the participants as well as complimentary webinars for further inspiration.
How to apply:
- fill in the online form
- the course is offered free of charge for selected participants, accommodation and food costs will be fully covered
- only a limited number of partial or fully funded scholarships for covering travel to and from the workshop venue is offered
Deadline: 22 April 2019, midnight (GMT+1).
All applicants will be notified of the selection results the last week of April.
Read more here.