Youth exchange: EmPLAYability
Location: Terrassa, near Barcelona, Spain
Dates: 23 February – 29 February 2020 (for 1 person, nominated as leader to come 20-23 January 2020)
Number of participants: 21 participants
Participating countries: Ireland, Germany, United Kingdom, Spain
Organizer: La Vibria Intercultural
Apply here: Application form only for UK participants.
If you are from other countries, please contact
- Spain: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Germany: email@example.com
- Ireland: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: 23 January 2020 , selected immediately given good applicant profile.
Inquiries about this project: email@example.com
Costs: Youth exchange is co-funded by Erasmus+:
- 100% accommodation, food and program materials are free, covered by the grant from Erasmus+
- Traveling costs are covered, up to the maximum expenses:
- €0 / participants from Spain
- €275 / participants from Germany, United Kingdom, Ireland
- Programme fee is £30, payable immediately after acceptance.
“When finding a job becomes a strategy game”
The goal of the project “EmPLAYability” is to increase the possibilities of employability of young people who are unemployed and have little professional experience. Through non-formal education activities and gamification techniques, participants will develop their soft skills and key competencies and define their professional goals while acquiring tools to deal with job search.
We would like that the participants explore this field for discover what can they give to this society, what are they skills, how to improve and not just for finding a job but for face their lives in a more positive and conscious way of living.
- Increase the chances of finding job of participants by combining non-formal education methods.
- Experiment activities based on gamification.
- Contribute to the development of soft skills of the participants through games and activities.
- Encourage social inclusion and active participation in the society of the participating group.
- Empower participants in the job search.
The participants will be accommodated in the houses of the participants mostly in the city of Terrassa or really nearby.
Plan your trip!
The closest airport is Barcelona-El Pratyou can also check other airports as Gironaor Reus,which are well connected with Barcelona (1 hour bus).
FROM BARCELONA AIRPORT TO TERRASSA
1. FIRST OPTION
The best option to come to Terrassa from Airport of Barcelona:
-Bus called express line e2.2 goes directly from the airport to Terrassa Center,six times a day (85 minutes). The ticket costs 7€,you can buy it in the bus but you have to take some pocket money with you. Have in mind that you should look in advance the timetable of the bus due to its frequency.
Here you can see the time table:
Please notice the last bus goes at 19:20 so if it is not possible for you to buy the fly ticket within this time, use the second option.
2. SECOND OPTION
Please checkif your destination is terminal T1or T2:
-From Terminal 1 (T1)
You have to move to T2by free shuttle bus, where the train station is (don’t worry it goes regularly throughout the day and lasts for 5 minutes).
-From Terminal 2 (T2)
Take the R2N to Barcelona Sants (approx. 30 minutes), once there check for the train lines Rodalies and take the line R4 to Terrassa.Be careful there are two stations in Terrassa, you have to get off the train in stop Terrassaand not Terrassa Est(50 minutes).
About the trains
The single tickets are called bitllet senzill and they cost a different amount depending on the zones in which is divided Catalonia. There is a ticket option called T-10 and it includes ten travels integrates in one ticket with the possibility of make a transbord during 1:50h.
For coming to Terrassa from the airport:
Please, remember that from Barcelona to Terrassa is 3ZONES! If you buy another ticket you
risk of being sanctioned with a bill.
1. The trains you can take at Estació de Sants are the ones going direction Terrassa but also
Manresa.In both cases you have to descend in the stop of Terrassa. Here, we will be waiting for you!
You can book your flight a maximum of 2 days before OR after the project. Notice that accommodation and food for extra days will not be covered by the project.
Your travel expenses will be reimbursed 3 months after the end of the project.There are few intstructions to follow:
-You must travel in the most cost efficient way available for you.
-You must provide details of your travel plans to us for verification and approval before buying nothing to this direction: firstname.lastname@example.org
-You must supply all the original travel documents (receipts, invoices, tickets and boarding passes) for BOTHyour journeys.
-Digital copies of travel documents are also useful, so please send them by email to us. After going back home, you should send the original remaining boarding passes and any other documents from return journey by post to:
La Víbria Intercultural Av. Jacquard 1 08222 Terrassa, Spain
MAXIMUM TRAVEL COSTS TO BE REIMBURSED
TRAVEL COST LIMIT PER PERSON
YOUTH CULTURE & KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE
Get ready for the youth exchange!
- A mug to exchange: Yes, yes, a mug to drink tea or coffee, you can buy it or take it from home and that you will exchange in a certain moment with someone else.
- You better be careful: take your European Health Insurance Cardwith you.
- The intercultural nights:during the Youth Exchange we will have intercultural evenings, so think some activities for all the group, funny and interesting in order to share your culture. It canbe whatever you want to share: food, drinks, games, songs, legends, dances, etc. Just one thing: BE CREATIVE.
- Positive energy and good mood!
La Víbria Intercultural, email@example.com www.vibria.org
Berta: 0034 633 699 306 firstname.lastname@example.org