Youth Exchange: You-th in the Wild
Dates: August 9-17, 2021
Number of participants: 38
Participating countries: Lithuania, Georgia, Armenia, Croatia, Spain, United Kingdom
Organizer: Innoved Lietuva
Apply here: application form (only for UK participants, if you are from other countries, please contact:
Armenia: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Deadline to apply: 30 July 2021
Date of Selection: immediately, if you are right candidate
Inquiries about this training course: Justinas at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 100% accommodation, food and program materials are covered by the grant from Erasmus+
- Traveling and COVID testing costs together (only the most economical and agreed before hand) are covered up to maximum of:
- €0/participant for Lithuania
- €275/participant for Croatia and the UK
- €360/participant for Spain, Georgia, Armenia
- Programme fee is £20, payable immediately after the acceptance.
You-th in the Wild
Download the infopack here: YOU-TH IN THE WILD
Nowadays, many young people have never tried hiking because of a lack of skills, knowledge, life in big cities and bad habits.
The idea of this project involves promoting expeditionary learning as a non-formal education learning method.
This project is designed to inspire young people to start thinking differently and take new challenges without any fear.
Topics that we will address include:
Expeditionary learning Personal development Human & nature connection Leadership skills
- Identifying the main declines of modern youth
- Practicing expeditionary learning
- Improving planning, teamworking and critical thinking skills
- Raising awareness about ecology and human connection with nature
- Lithuania 8 participants
- Croatia 6 participants
- Spain 6 participants
- Georgia 6 participants
- Armenia 6 participants
- United Kingdom 6 participants
5 participants (18-30 years old) and 1 group leader (above 18 years old). Preferably, gender-balanced group, participants with fewer opportunities and without Erasmus+ experience are welcomed. Participants should be open to new experiences and must be able to communicate in English. Special knowledge on the project topic is not necessary but is preferable.
August 9: Arrival
DAY 1: Introduction to the Youth Exchange
DAY 2: Getting to know each other / team building
DAY 3: Hiking expedition preparations
DAY 4: Hike day 1
DAY 5: Hike day 2
DAY 6: Hike day 3
DAY 7: Evaluation, Youthpass, Closing ceremony
August 17: Departure
Venue page: Ąžuolų slėnis
“You-th in the Wild” will take place from August 9 (arrival) to August 17 (departure) in Lithuania, near Šiauliai, in a rural tourism homestead. More information on the project venue can be found HERE.
All programme related costs (accommodation, caterign, materials, etc) are fully covered by Erasmus+ programme.
Google maps link here.
We recommend travelling to one of the following airports:
Vilnius airport (242 km)
Kaunas airport (140 km)
We will organize transportation to the project venue, but more details on that will follow later on.
Arrival day – 9 August, 2021. Please arrange tickets in a way to arrive in Lithuania no later than 18:00.
Departure day — 17 August, 2021. We will organise transport from the project venue.
To get your tickets reimbursed you have to get confirmation of the travel plan from your sending organisation. You can buy tickets only after that.
You are allowed to come to Lithuania maximum 3 days before the event and leave 3 days after the event. During these days you’re not subsidised by the project.
Please do not forget to keep all your boarding passes, invoices, transportation tickets in order to be reimbursed!
Lithuania is an Amber country, meaning that applies the following:
- The government has set out the details to enable people who have been fully vaccinated with an NHS administered vaccine, plus 14 days, to travel to amber list countries without having to quarantine on their return to England, from Monday 19 July. The recommendation for people not to travel to amber list countries will also be removed from 19 July
- The changes will come into force from Monday 19 July at 4am. Those who have been fully vaccinated with an NHS administered vaccine in the UK and are returning from amber countries will still be required to complete a pre-departure test before arrival into England, alongside a PCR test on or before day 2 after arrival. They will not have to take a day 8 test or self-isolate.
- The cheapest cost for the tests at the moment are £23.99
- You must take the test in the 3 days before the service on which you will arrive in England departs. For example, if you travel directly to England on Friday, you can take the test on or after Tuesday and will need to have the negative result available before boarding on Friday. The cheapest cost at the moment is €79
❗ We remind you that the participants are responsible for organising their own travel. Meaning, they are obliged to acknowledge the rules of travel related to COVID-19 testing, isolation and quarantine.
With regards to the rules for entering Lithuania, you can find more information on the Governmental site: http://bit.ly/Covid19LT
Please note that this information is updated weekly.
During summer air temperature in Lithuania can fluctuate from 12 to 28 degrees. However, the average temperature is about 21 degrees. Expect both rain and sunshine! The weather should be great for activities both inside & outside.
There will be a pond at the project venue, so do not forget to take your swimming suit if you wish to do so!
Also, as the project area will be surrounded by forests, expect to have a small hiking activity!
Currency in Lithuania is Euro. You should have some cash with you when you arrive. Though, almost all places accept bank cards.
During the project, you will present your own cultures – national, regional, personal or any kind of culture you feel you belong to. Feel free to present your country by bringing local food, drinks, songs, dances, etc.
Lithuania awaits you
Another for Vilnius