⛵ Training Course: Against Food Waste – Empower youth and make a change
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Dates: 11-15 March 2024
Number of participants: 4 participants
Participating countries: Portugal, Spain
- Participation fee: none
- 100% accommodation, food are covered
- Travel costs:Regarding participants from Portugal, the travel costs (that will be reimbursed) are 23€ per participant (in a distance band from 10-99km)Regarding participants from Spain, the travel costs (that will be reimbursed) are 275€ per participant (in a distance band from 500-1999km)
Against Food Waste – Empower youth and make a change
The main goal
As our main objective, we have defined the social inclusion of young people in all its aspects, with particular emphasis on decision-making regarding social and environmental changes. The main goal, as well as the needs, will be fulfilled through the specific objectives defined according to SMART logic:
– Promote the development of essential competencies among YWs for improvement, innovation, and higher quality of youth work;
– Promote the exchange of knowledge and experience between peers to strengthen and specialize professionally and in the youth sector;
– Promote non-formal learning opportunities to develop the competencies and capacities of YWs and organizations;
– Stimulate the production of quality results in the youth sector;
– Promote a network of YW specialized and active in the youth sector, environmental sustainability, and social inclusion.
We are looking for
We are looking for 4 Youth Workers over 18 years old, with experience working with young people, including those with fewer opportunities and with expertise in using non-formal education in working with young people. Furthermore, the participants may or may not have experience in mobility projects, Erasmus+Programme, transnational partnerships, or greater or lesser command of English.
The focus methodology
The focus methodology of the Training Course is Non-Formal Educational. The long-term impacts and benefits of participating in the Programme include the following:
– Acquisition of knowledge about the existing opportunities under the Erasmus+ Programme, more knowledge about how to access them, and more knowledge about the active parts in the Programme.
– Acquisition of knowledge about organizations active in youth and transversal sectors and greater recognition of their action with young people.
– Acquisition of sensitivity to the project’s themes and the role of young people in social and environmental change.
– Acquisition of knowledge about extra-formal learning opportunities and greater interest in participating.
– Collaboration between agents and organizations in the youth sector and other transversal sectors.
– Ability, on the part of agents and organizations, to identify challenges in youth and explore practices to solve them.
– Development of youth programs and policies adjusted to the reality of the groups and ability to react and adapt youth policies and programs on a European scale (based on project results).