⛵ Training Course: Leadership, Empowerment and Facilitation For Future
Dates: 30 October – 6 November 2023
Number of participants: 28 participants
Participating countries: Belgium – DE, Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Spain, Ukraine
(Others)Organizer: Pospolitosť pre Harmonický Život
- Participation fee: none
- 100% accommodation, food are covered
- MAXIMUM REFUNDABLE TRAVEL AMOUNTS:
up to 210€ for Serbia;
up to 275€ for Belgium, France, Greece, Italy (flying allowed);
up to 320€ for Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Ukraine (green travel +1 extra night each way);
up to 360€ Spain (flying allowed).
To reduce the project’s environmental footprint, participants from Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Romania and Ukraine will be asked to avoid flying for traveling to and from the training, while everybody else will be invited to do the same. To make travelling by land more realistic it will be possible to refund the costs for food and accommodation along the way.
Leadership, Empowerment and Facilitation For Future
“Leadership, Empowerment and Facilitation For Future” (LEAFFF) is a training course for youth workers that will take place in the Vzdelávacie learning centre, part of the Zajezova ecovillage, Slovakia from 30th October to 6th November 2023.
WHY YOUNG LEADERS FOR FUTURE?
A pan-European youth survey conducted in April, 2021 by IPSOS among more than 22.000 people aged 15-35 in 23 European countries shows that climate change and environmental degradation are still more than 10% above any other worries among young Europeans. This project aims to create a shared knowledge base among youth workers and youth leaders so that they can work more effectively with young people around the topics of sustainability, inclusion and climate change.
The course will tap into the experience that European ecovillages have accumulated as pioneer educational centres around these topics and it will share an innovative toolbox for youth workers that has been developed and adapted by a partnership among ecovillages, youth workers and sustainability campaigners. An ecovillage is an intentional or traditional community that is designed through local and participatory processes to regenerate social and natural environments. The 4 dimensions of sustainability – ecology, economy, society and culture – are integrated in a holistic approach. Ecovillages are models of sustainable settlements that serve as training and learning centres where people experience, through informal and non-formal education activities, the experience of sharing life in a cohesive, inclusive and sustainable society.
– to provide youth workers and youth leaders with skills, knowledge and tools to work on sustainability and climate action topics using a holistic approach and including young people with fewer opportunities;
– to provide youth workers and youth leaders with leadership and facilitation skills that would allow them to create safe spaces for young people to reconnect, share their worries about the future and the planet and transform them into active participation;
– to increase the capacity of European ecovillages to offer young people an inspiring learning environment about inclusion and sustainability, supporting them to get more empowered and to become active citizens.
WHERE IS IT GOING TO HAPPEN?
The training will take place in Zajezova Ecovillage, which is since many years building its capacity to live sustainably. The venue is called Vzdelávacie centrum (www.centrumzajezova.sk). Zajezova is situated in rural Slovakia close the city of Zvolen. Learn more at www.zajezka.sk.