Online course: Are You(th) Aware?
Location: Online, Belgium
Dates: 9-11 November 2020
Apply here: application form (need to register on Salto)
Number of participants: 24
Deadline to apply: 18 October 2020
Date of Selection: 26 October 2020
Inquiries about this project: Yannick De Schaepmeester at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are You(th) Aware?
To develop competences on how to foster self-awareness and wellbeing in Youth Work. This training course provides a safe learning space for participants to get a better understanding on the topic of wellbeing, approach self-awereness and wellbeing competences in themselves and towards the youth they work with.
Objectives of the training
The training consists of a series of online workshops based on non formal learning approaches that aim:
- To enhance the self-awareness of youth workers and young leaders in regards to their personal well-being, enabling them to act as role models of healthy lifestyles for young people.
- To provide youth workers with non formal learning tools to cultivate wellbeing and self-awareness in young people.
- To promote self-awareness and wellbeing as key attributes of happiness and harmony in human life and relationships.
- Participants get time to reflect on themselves
- Participants increase their self-awareness
- Participants learn to enhance their well-being
- Participants get a better understanding on the topic of wellbeing
- Participants reflect on the youth needs of the youth they work with
- Participants explore their own experiences and knowledge on well-being
- Participants explore tools to foster wellbeing in youth
- Participants are encouraged to continue their learning practice on wellbeing and self-awareness
Online tools that wil be used during this training course: Zoom, Jamboard.
There will be no recording during Zoom sessions.
Expected time investment:
- Every day from 10:00 to 12:00 and from 15:30 to 17:00
- Optional sessions (on 2nd and 3rd day) will be from 9:30 to 10:00
- Throughout the whole training course Central European Timezone (Brussels time) will be used.