⛵ Training course: Change your glasses
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Dates: 22 – 30 July 2023
Number of participants: 36 participants
Participating countries: Albania, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, France, Greece, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, North Macedonia, Portugal, Serbia, Spain
Apply here: Application form
Inquiries about this training course: Justinas at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contribution fee: 35-75 EUR, paid in cash on the spot. We encourage personal accountability and ownership of the program and ask for sliding-scale donation based on personal situation.
- 100% accommodation, food and program materials are covered by the grant from Erasmus+
- 100% traveling costs are covered, up to the maximum expenses:
- €20/participant for Bulgaria
- €180/participant for Albania, Greece, North Macedonia, Serbia
- €275/participant for Czech Republic, Lithuania, Latvia
- €360/participant for France, Portugal, Spain
Change your glasses
The focus of this project is the mechanism who stands behind the discrimination.
This is your chance to reflect on your personal stereotypes, which are an authomatic and unavoidable process, and how they influence your perspective.
Raise awareness about the process of social categorisation: a set of mental operations that help us to simplify the reality and allow us to perceive the world around us
Encourage the self-reflection of stereotypes and prejudices: think about how we use prejudices in our daily lives and how the activation of stereotypes can change the reality by producing specific behaviour and attitudes.
Selection of participants
Arrival: 22 July
Program days: 23 – 29 July
Departure: 30 July
Follow-up activities at local level, organised by participants
Evaluation and Closing
Unfortunately, no late arrivals, or early departures are allowed. Dates are fixed as above!
If you decide to apply, have in mind that you are committing yourself to all phases of this project.
This project is for you if you are:
- 18+ years old
- Able to communicate in English
- Working with people e.g. as a youth worker, social worker, trainer, facilitator, volunteer, educator
- Enthusiastic, tolerant and willing to accept the differences of other participants, to experiment, to have an open mind and to be motivated to learn and grow
The project will take place in the Intelcoop Hotel, Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
Accomodation is dignified and dorm room style. Be prepared to share a room.
Three meals per day will be provided, and coffee break will be available throughout the day.