Location: Avala, Serbia
Dates:8-16 November 2022
Number of participants: 30 participants
Participating countries:Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Germany, Greece, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Türkiye
Apply here: Please download and print the following application documents: APPLICATION_FORM. After you have filled them out, send them to:
Deadline to apply: 12 October 2022
Date of Selection: 19 October 2022
Inquiries about this training course: E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participation fee
There is no particiopation fee.
- Accommodation and food
Boarding and lodging will be provided. We will be accommodated in the children’s resort “Suplja Stena Na Avali” (https://www.cdlbgd.rs/suplja-stena-na-avali.html)
It is 25 km from Belgrade. Surrounded by greenery it offers a relaxing and panoramic view.
3 or 4 participants will share a room. The bathrooms are shared and located on each floor.
Ask participants to bring towels.
Accommodation includes all the meals: breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day.
The provided food (3 meals a day) may differ from the food you are used to from home. However, we will try our best to accommodate your needs and dietary requirements. Please make sure, you indicate any special needs in the application form!
- Travel reimbursement
The Training course is implemented in support of the European Commission programme ERASMUS+ and the German National Agency. Travel Expenses (according to Erasmus+ guidelines), accommodation, food and planned activities will be covered by the project budget.
We will reimburse travel costs as listed below on the basis of the cheapest possibilities, e.g. second class railway tickets, APEX flights etc. by bank transfer after the training and the receipt of all ORIGINAL tickets, bills, invoices, receipts, boarding tags/cards etc. Following the guidelines of the Erasmus + programme the travel back must be realised by the participants in a direct way within a maximum of 2 days. In case of longer stays or indirect travelling (holiday travel etc.), there is no chance of reimbursement of travel costs. Missing tickets will not be reimbursed. Please, keep the original tickets in order to get your money back.
Germany 275 EUR
Serbia 23 EUR
Estonia 275 EUR
Austria 275 EUR
Portugal 360 EUR
Bulgaria 180 EUR
Greece 180 EUR
Poland 275 EUR
Turkey 275 EUR
Croatia 180 EUR
EMPOWERING THROUGH DIGITAL STORYTELLING
Every single human being has a unique personal history based on their experience, thoughts and feelings. To share those stories with others can be a powerful tool, changing the attitudes and inspiring both sides – those who listen to the stories and those who tell them.
Digital storytelling is storytelling using multimedia tools and digital technology. Basic elements of digital storytelling, beside the text and a story to tell, are: video footage, photos, pictures or illustrations; background music and other sounds or audio recordings. Digital storytelling is an art of joining verbal or written story we choose or create on our own with other art forms into visually telling a compelling story. For digital story to be catchy and interesting for the viewer, and the more creative it gets the better possibility it has, to attract the attention of the viewer.
The overall aim of this project is to increase the competences of youth workers in using storytelling as a tool to reach, motivate and inspire young people.
The objectives of this project are:
- To explore the concept of storytelling and different techniques about it
- To provide participants with knowledge about the digital storytelling method and its possible benefits for youth work
- To understand how youth workers can use storytelling in non-formal education activities during their work
- To encourage youth workers to share their own stories (personal/professional)
- To equip them with skills necessary to design digital storytelling projects in their own communities
- To enhance participants ICT skills and encourage them to use open source technologies in their daily youth work.
Profile of the participants in this project will be:
Youth workers, youth leaders, and volunteers working in partners’ organizations with young people and also trainers who work with non-formal education methods, and active members who are open to enriching their knowledge and awareness regarding other cultures and digital storytelling topics, who have longstanding know-how for an adequate transfer of knowledge on to the young people.
- are willing to contribute with ideas, experiences, and expertise related to storytelling, digital storytelling, and digital youth work;
- want to deepen their understanding of the topic of digital storytelling,
- interest to transfer digital storytelling practices to one’s own work
- want to stimulate active citizenship and storytelling and digital youth work,
- are ready to explore and reflect in an experiential training course and a community setting,
- are able and prepared to work in English are motivated and willing to commit to working on the objectives of the training,
- can act as multipliers after the end of the educational activity and transfer the obtained knowledge back to their organizations and young people.
- being motivated and able to share the project results in his / her local context and involved in dissemination and follow-up process;
- they have to be able to attend the full duration of the training course and fully committed to acting as multipliers after the end of the training course;
- participants with fewer opportunities are welcome to take part in this project;
- are interested in developing contacts for projects in the Erasmus+ in future.