Training course: Under Pressure
Location: Vinci, Italy
Dates: 9-16 September 2019
Number of participants: 21 participants
Participating countries: Greece, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Republic of North Macedonia, Romania
Organizer: Associazione Agrado
Apply here: Application form
Deadline: June 23th, final selection on July 1st.
Inquiries about this training course: Laris Guerri at email@example.com
- There is no participation fee.
- Activities, accomodation and food are covered by the program.
- Travel Reimbursement will be provided after the TC. According to the Erasmus+ Distance calculator, these are the maximum amount for each country travel:
- Greece, Ireland, Republic of North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania – € 275
- Italy – € 0
Under Pressure – burnout prevention and self-care as Youth Workers’ key competence
Download program here: Training Course – Under Pressure – Italy – Abroadship.org
Under Pressure is a TC for empowering the professional and personal competences of Youth Workers on empathic communication, self-care methods and recognition of personal needs oriented to prevent situations of burnout.
Be aware that this training will be packed with emotional content, many sharing moments and being offline. Ask yourself if you are ready for that challenge and take that into consideration when applying.
With this project we want to create a comfortable and calm space where youth workers, especially those who have faced moments of crisis, burn-out and stress, can reflect on their role, needs and resilience; we want also to provide them with deep but practical methods and tools (NVC, Transactional Analysis, Empathy) for recovering balance with themselves and with the target groups in their work.
Youth workers, Staff of youth organisations, Youth Trainers, Team leaders that are connected with the topic, that are motivated to participate and to use what is learned and multiply it in Youth Work field. If you are a traveller this training is not for you, hence please do not apply.
Aims of the Project
1. Improve youth workers self-awareness and competencies (clear, ethic and empathic communication with individuals and groups, healthy relationships management, Non violent communication, face unpredictable situations, stress management,..);
2. Enhance the wellness and the self-care of Youth workers focusing on tools and methods preventing burnout and taking in account the person on the intellectual, emotional, mental, physic and spiritual levels;
3. Empower participants self-care and empathy to let them embrace care and empathy towards the other- especially towards their young people with problematic backgrounds and difficulties, mainly with those with a violent attitude.
4. Improve youth work quality providing the participants with space to reflect on their hard role of intercultural and social mediators, and constructively reflect upon their previous experiences of crisis, burnout and demotivation on their work and role;
5. Experience non-formal learning processes and understand the value of “failures” and mistakes in learning (and life) and being able to pass it to their youth groups;
We will use non-formal tools, NVC methods, Theatre exercises, experiential games, Transactional Analysis, Debriefing and feedback methods, Evaluation.
This training will be organised in a modest venue in Vinci, Italy. The place fosters tranquility and the green and calm surroundings fit with the purpose of this training. The hosting conditions include sharing rooms (bunked beds for 7 people) and shared bathrooms. If you are expecting hotel standards and are not ok with it please do not apply.