E-learning: Mental health in volunteering projects
Location: Online / MOOC
Dates: 2-16 November 2020
Apply here: Application form (need to register on SALTO platform)
Deadline to apply: 15 September 2020
Organizer: Foundation for the Development of the Education System
Mental health in volunteering projects
Please note, that this is an on-line event.
The training course will guide the participants towards better quality in supporting E+/ESC/EVS volunteers´ emotional well-being and understanding of the field of mental health and its importance for everyone.
Target group: volunteering project coordinators, members of hosting organisations working directly with volunteers/ assigning tasks.
With this TC we want to:
- Equip pax with means to support volunteers in their emotional and psychological well-being, to recognize signs of possible mental crisis
- Equip pax with means to support the project environment close to the volunteer (co-workers, staff of the organisation, flatmates, co-volunteers) when such crisis occurs
- Enable pax to set the boundary beyond which reaching for a professional help is necessary
- Help pax to map institutions / organisations etc. able to help them in their close environment in order to create a safety network
- Show pax how they can support themselves in times of crisis during the volunteering project
- COVID-19 and how the pandemic influenced volunteers and organisations
2 – 16 November 2020, sessions each Monday and Thursday 10 am to 13 pm CEST
A. Biba Rebolj (UK)
- born 1984
- lives in United Kingdom
- speaks fluent Croatian, English, German, Slovene
- About: When dealing with your own issues, use your head. When dealing with other people’s issues, use your heart (personal and professional motto)
- Biba in five words: Integrity, minimalism, simplicity, humour, professionalism.
Agnieszka Szczepanik (PL)