Training Course: Enjoy eat!
Location: Bergolo, Italy
Dates: 17-23 October 2019
Number of participants: 24 participants
Participating countries: Bulgaria, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, North Macedonia, Romania, Spain, United Kingdom
Organizer: Associazione Vagamondo
Apply here: Application form
Deadline to apply: 16 September 2019
Inquiries about this project: Elena Aziani at firstname.lastname@example.org
Costs: Training Course is co-funded by Erasmus+:
- 100% accommodation, food and program materials are free, covered by the grant from Erasmus+
- traveling costs are covered, up to the maximum expenses:
- €40 / participants from Italy;
- €240 / participants from Bulgaria, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, North Macedonia, Romania, Spain, United Kingdom.
- Programme fee is €70, payable immediately after acceptance €20/£18 and €50 in Italy.
Training Course – Enjoy eat!
Read infopack here: Training Course – Enjoy Eat – Italy – Abroadship.org
The Main Goals of the Project
- To improve the skills of staff members and volunteers of youth organizations in designing and preparing balanced and inclusive menus for groups (with valuable vegetarian, vegan, halal, gluten-free and lactose-free alternatives).
In this way to raise the efficiency of the youth exchanges, trainings, camps, events and other kinds of activities that require to feed the participants.
- Acquire and disseminate knowledge related to food, nutrition, cooking for groups, food production, food market and job opportunities related to food and cooking.
These 2 points can enable the organizations involved in the training to count on their own staff members for the preparation of the meals during their own programs. This can allow them to have the product they need to feed their participants and youth workers in a way that they function properly; to save money and allocate the economic resources designated to cooking within the organization’s staff, supporting their personal income or/and rewarding the voluntary work done within the organizations.
- Acquire new tools in the frame of non-formal education that uses cooking, food and nutrition and that enable the youth workers to be more efficient in supporting the young people they are working within:
- Rising soft skills and attitudes needed to enter the labour market or to improve their job occupation;
- Increasing their intercultural sensitivity, their ability to live in harmony in contact with cultural difference;
- Embracing a healthier life style.
Topics of the Project:
- Foods nutritional properties
- Body needs and nutrition
- Vegetarian and vegan food
- Food, cultures and religions
- Practical cooking
- Food bloggers
- Food marketing
- Successful food business
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Fast and slow food
- Food and sustainability
- Seasonal food
- Different types of diets
- Cooking for groups
- Km 0 VS import
- Preservatives and herbicides
- Growing vegetables and fruit
- Feed disorders and diseases
- Mindful eating
- Meeting local food producers
- Cooking regulations in EU countries
- Tailored menus designing
- Benefits of Yoga practice
Profile of Participants
- You are a youth worker* involved directly in organizing activities for young people with fewer opportunities;
- You want to learn educational activities in connection with food to use with them to stimulate their soft skills;
- You want to learn how to cook balanced and inclusive menus that support the learning needs of your participants;
- You are 18+ and you are able to communicate in simple English**;
- You are officially resident in one of the following countries: Bulgaria, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, North Macedonia, Romania, Spain, United Kingdom.
* for “youth workers” we mean people who are involved in educational activities with young people in the age frame 14 to 30 on professional or volunteer level regularly over time (ex. every day, once a week, a number of weekend per year, every year during a summer camp)
** In this training we will use an international version of English simple to understand; if you are very fluent in English keep in mind that other participants could not be so, be prepared to simplify your communication in order to get understood