Training course: EVS in Nature with Donkeys and Creative Workshops
Location: Ligonchio (Reggio Emilia) Italy
Dates: from 4 June – 15 October 2018
Application deadline: As soon as possible
Participant profile: 1 volunteer from Spain or Austria or Romania
Costs: The travel costs will be reimbursed up to a certain amount allocated by the European Commission; accommodation and food are provided by the host organization. The volunteer will also receive pocket money monthly.
The volunteer, coordinated and supported by the staff, will participate in these activities:
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of didactic workshops for children (6-15), support in facilitation, conduction of some workshops, support in the group management in accord with the attitude of the volunteers,
- Assist during excursions with donkeys, trekking and summer camps: preparing the donkeys, assisting the children with tends, organizing educational activities for children.
- Assist the staff with daily activities: welcoming of the guests, cleaning of the hostel and of the surrounding area, performing small maintenance, supporting kitchen activities.
- Assistance in taking care of the donkeys; not only feeding and cleaning but also terms of creating a positive ambient for the animals.
- Support during the Youth Exchanges hosted in the hostel, particularly in logistics and workshops.
The profile of the ideal volunteer is:
- Available and interested to live in an isolated small village in the Tuscan-Emilian Apennines,
- Willing to live in the hostel with little or no internet connection,
- Ready to share the spaces, food with guests and staff,
- Strong motivation to work with children and to do activities closely with the donkeys,
- Animal and outdoor life lover,
- Available to sleep, during trekking, in a tent,
- Past experience in socio-educational context and in volunteer work are appreciated.