Training course: GO VISUAL: Visual Thinking Tools for Educators Dealing With Integration of Migrants And Refugees
Location: Vienna, Austria
Dates: 6-14 October 2018
Number of participants: 27 participants
Participating countries: Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, Palestine, Portugal, Russian Federation, Turkey, Ukraine
Organizer: Plattform Generation Europa
Apply here: Application form
Deadline to apply: 20 August 2018
Date Of Selection: 6 September 2018
Inquiries about this training course: Vera Goriunova at firstname.lastname@example.org
Board and lodging of the participants will be fully covered by the organisers. All participants will be accommodated in a room for 3-4 people max. Three meals a day and coffee breaks will be provided in the whole duration of the activity.
There will be a participation fee of 50 euros.
Austria – reimbursement limit 20 EUR
Russia – reimbursement limit 360 EUR
Hungary- reimbursement limit 180 EUR
Ukraine – reimbursement limit 275 EUR
Israel – reimbursement limit 360 EUR
Armenia – reimbursement limit 360 EUR
Greece – reimbursement limit 275 EUR
Latvia – reimbursement limit 275 EUR
Palestine – reimbursement limit 360 EUR
Azerbaijan – reimbursement limit 360 EUR
Italy -reimbursement limit 275 EUR
Portugal – reimbursement limit 360 EUR
Georgia – reimbursement limit 360 EUR
Luxembourg – reimbursement limit 275 EUR
Turkey – reimbursement limit 275 EUR
GO VISUAL: Visual Thinking Tools for Educators Dealing With Integration of Migrants And Refugees
This project is an attempt to tackle an issue of integration of refugees and migrants by educators using alternative communication channels involving non-verbal communication tools and visual thinking tools in particular.
Unfortunately, when migrants come to a new community , they don’t know the local language or culture, which makes integration process rather challenging. The project GO VISUAL Visual thinking tools for youth workers dealing with integration of migrants and refugees was born from the idea to empower youth workers, youth trainers and educators to use creative methods in education and equip them with skills of graphic facilitation, graphic recording, infographics and other tools in order to foster / ensure non-violent communication in educational process addressing current challenges such as intercultural dialogue in the work with migrants and refugees in order to help preventing radicalization of young people and to develop critical thinking abilities.
The TC objectives:
– To increase awareness of using visual thinking tools in youth work with migrants and refugees, thus eliminating language as a barier
– To learn what are those tools and how to apply them to concrete educational practice
– To create a common “graphical vocabulary” that can be shared with more youth trainers and youth workers afterwards
– To explore different art and graphic techniques and define how they can be useful in work with various inclusion groups
– To try out different techniques and identify what fits more to participants’own personal facilitating style and educational environment
– To become more self-expressive and to reduce risks of misunderstanding
– To share examples of visual realization of different cultural back grounds enabling co-cultural expression and awareness
A training course, which will take place in Vienna, Austria 06/10/2018-14/10/2018. During 7 working days we’ll focus on visual thinking tools and graphic facilitation as well as using infographics and other visualization tools and cover the following topics and themes:
– Visual thinking; what it is: a concept and how it could be applied to youth work with migrants and refugees Learning what doodling, infographics, graphical recording,graphic facilitation and scribing are and how they can be used in education Practicing the usage of various visual tools.
– Creating concrete products: posters, videos, infographics etc.
– Planning the personal development strategy.
The link to the application form: