Training course: United for Diversity and Inclusion
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Dates:10-17 February 2020
Number of participants: 24
Participating countries:Bulgaria, Greece, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Republic of North Macedonia, Romania, Spain
Apply here: application form
Organizer: United Societies of Balkans
Deadline to apply: 29 January 2020
Date of Selection: 31 January 2020
Inquiries about this training course: email@example.com
No participation fee is required.
The training course will be implemented in the framework of EU “ERASMUS+: Youth in Action” Program. The accommodation and food will be covered fully.
TRAVEL GRANT LIMITS FOR PARTICIPANTS
North Macedonia 180€
United for Diversity and Inclusion
Download infopack here: Training course – United for Diversity and Inclusion
The Training course “United in Diversity” provides new competences to youth workers and youth leaders. Participants will gain skills how to support and manage work with diverse and socially disadvantaged groups.
Project “United for Diversity and Inclusion” aims at promoting and nurturing the value of EU, respect for human dignity and ensure inclusion and participation for all.
The Training course “United in Diversity” will involve 24 participants from 8 countries that are youth workers, youth leaders, volunteers who are involved in the work of involved organisations.
- provide new competences to youth workers and youth leaders to support and manage work with diverse and socially disadvantaged groups.
- present and use youth work frameworks and tools for trainers’ competency assessment (European Training Strategy, SALTO TOY and Council of Europe portfolio) for participants to self-assess and evaluate their role as youth workers and non-formal educators;
- improve the managerial, social, intercultural, facilitation and training competences of participants by identifying the areas where and how they can improve themselves (through working on personal development and learning plans);
- develop, practice and evaluate non-formal learning activities that will be put together in ‘Inclusion and Diversity Toolbox’ for working with disadvantaged groups.
- promotion of diversity and fostering social inclusion, European values and active youth participation that will be used by involved organisations, participants or other stakeholders in youth work across Europe
- create a group of educators/trainers/multipliers with pro-active attitudes towards combating social exclusion who will implement activities and multiply the acquired skills and tools in work with diversity, inclusion and youth with fewer opportunities;
- develop strategic plans for action in forms of follow-up activities run by participants with the support of partner organisations back in their local communities and countries.
PARTICIPANTS PROFILE :
Youth workers, youth leaders, volunteers involved in the work of partner organisations;
With some experience in the fields of diversity, social inclusion & youth participation;
With experiences of preparing and facilitating non-formal learning activities;
Strong motivation and open-minded attitude;
Over 18 years old and able to comfortably communicate in English;
Residents in the involved countries
This programme covers acommodation and 3 meals per day.
The venue for accommodation is “STAY Youth Hostel & Common Place”.
Participants will stay in Quad Dorms with bunk beds, sharing bedrooms and toilets.